Other education and training options:
For more information contact:
Laura Tait, Adult Education/Apprenticeship Coordinator
Shana Halterman, Adult Education Administrative Assistant
Phone (540) 245-5002 (Register by phone and make credit card payment at the same time!)
Adult Education at Valley Career & Technical Center offers modern, market-sensitive adult training programs.
Adult Education training includes agriculture, business, health occupations, trade and industrial areas. The Center is the regional related technical instruction provider for Virginia Apprenticeship Training programs.
The Center has numerous training relationships with area businesses and industries. In keeping with the overall mission of Valley Career & Technical Center, the adult program strives to offer up-to-date training in keeping with community demands.
Local businesses and industries continue to be highly involved in the on-going development of the adult program.
The ever-increasing level of technology demanded by today’s work-place spells a bright future for adult training at VCTC. In addition, any business interested in customized training or to be placed on VCTC’s mailing list, call the number provided above.
- All course fees are due at the time of registration.
- Registration will not be accepted without payment of fees, business purchase orders or agency authorization.
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first- serve basis.
- Payment of fees may be made in person or by phone using a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Purchase Order or Billing Authorizations. Checks should be made payable to VCTC.
- Tuition and Fees will not be refunded after the first-class meeting.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any class not meeting minimum student enrollment.
- Students and apprentices desiring a completion certificate must attend 75% of all class sessions and receive a satisfactory grade.
Registered Apprenticeship (RA) is an occupation-specific training model that creates benefits for Employers and Apprentices. On-the-job training and related technical instruction meet the needs of apprentices as they work to become competent in the occupation. As their skills increase, employers reap the benefits of that highly skilled employee. The marriage of the “earn while you learn” model with the technical instruction creates loyal, engaged employees. As an Apprentice, you create your career path; as an employer, you gain competitive edge in a global Economy.