Our goal is to increase the pool of highly qualified teachers, the purposes of the Virginia Teachers for Tomorrow Program are:
- To identify, train, and nurture high school students interested in a teaching career
- To support the efforts of Virginia’s school divisions to meet hiring targets by cultivating an effective “grow your own” recruitment program
- To create a high school curricular experience designed to foster student interest, understanding, and appreciation of the teaching profession
- To attract students to teaching in critical shortage and high needs areas of the state.
Students will be introduced to careers in teaching and in education and develop an understanding of the education profession.
Students must complete the following eligibility requirements to be considered for enrollment in the program:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.7 grade point average
- Submit three satisfactory teacher recommendations
- Submit a brief essay and application.
Are you interested?
Contact your High School counselor and fill out an application for this exciting program being offered at Valley Career and Technical Center.
· Explore student interests
· Build a foundation for teaching
· History, structure and governance of teaching
· Learn and apply professional techniques in the classroom
· Reflect on teaching experiences
Teachers for Tomorrow (TFT) I (Semester 1)
Teachers for Tomorrow (TFT) II (Semester 2)
GRADE 11, 12
Course Length: 1 year
Industry Credentials Offered
· PRAXIS, VCLA
Options After HS
Teachers Aide, Child Care, Substitute Teacher
Local Employers: Local School Divisions
Career Certificate/ Associate Degree (2 yr) program
BRCC—Early Childhood Development
Bachelor’s /Post Baccalaureate Degree (4 yr+) majors
Teacher—Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, School Counselor, Librarian, School Psychologist
Instructor Contact Information
Name: Lucy Marion
Email: [email protected]